The University of Allahabad, informally known as Allahabad University, is a public central university located in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India. Established on 23 September 1887, it is the fourth oldest University in India. Its origins lie in the Muir Central College, named after Lt. Governor of North-Western Provinces, Sir William Muir in 1876, who suggested the idea of a Central University at Allahabad, which later evolved to the present university. At one point it was called the “Oxford of the East”. On 24 June 2005 its Central University status was restored through the University Allahabad Act 2005 of the Parliament of India.
The campus is spread around the city of Allahabad. It has numerous residential hostels for students.
The following colleges are constituent to Allahabad University:
– Ewing Christian College (an autonomous college)
– Allahabad Degree College
– Arya Kanya Degree College
– C.M.P Degree College, the oldest affiliated college of Allahabad University
– Jagat Taran Girls Degree College
– Iswar Saran Degree College
– S.S Khanna Girls Degree College
– S.P.M Govt. Degree College
– Hamidia Girls Degree College, constituent minority college
– Viswam Degree College
– Rajarshi Tandon Girls Degree College
– Govind Ballabh Pant Social Science Institute
For More Details, you can view our Attraction Page by clicking here: University of Allahabad