The great visionary, philanthropist and patriotCh. Babu Mahadeo Prasad firmly believed that education is essential for personal enlightenment and political freedom. To fulfill his mission he executed his ‘WILL’ and setup the ‘Chaudhary Babu Mahadeo Prasad Trust’ and donated all his assets to this trust in 1914. One of the significant provision of this ‘WILL’ was that 50 percent of the income generated from his assets will be spent on education of the poor. The Chaudhary Mahadeo Prasad Degree College was established on the auspicious day of Maha Shivratri in the year 1950 with the help of Rs One lakh by the trust.Ch Mahadev Prasad had also donated Rs 25000/ to Mahamana Madan Mohan Malviya for Kashi Hindu University.
The Founder Day function is held every year on the auspicious day of Maha Shivaratri. On the occasion of founder day, students get the opportunity to show their talent by presenting cultural programmes. Meritorious students & rankers are being awarded by the college. Retired teachers and employees are being honoured by the Chairperson, Governing Body.
History of CMP Degree College
The college was established in the year 1950 with the financial help of Rs One lakh from ‘Chaudhary Babu Mahadeo Prasad Trust’ and Rs 35000/ from Thakurani Bhagwati Devi, daughter of Ch. Mahadeo Prasad. The college is under the governance of ‘Kayastha Pathshala’ which is the Asia’s biggest trust. The college started with B.Sc. course in 1950 in the building of K.P. Intermediate College. The college was shifted to its present location at Mahatma Gandhi Marg, George Town, Allahabad in 1953 in the ‘Agra Jamindar Association’ building. Faculty of Arts was started in the year 1955. ‘Sampoornand Hostel’ was inaugurated by our first Prime Minister Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru in 1957. Classes of law started in the year 1972. The commerce faculty was started in the year 1976. Faculty of Law was shifted to Kamla Nehru Marg in 1990. There is a separate Girls wing at Kamla Nehru Road.
The college is a co-educational institute and it has been associated to University of Allahabad since its establishment and it become ‘Constituent’ of the University of Allahabad in 2005 when the central status of the university was restored.
The Institute of Professional Studies of University of Allahabad has permitted one year Diploma in Computer Application (NIELIT ‘O’ Level) and Diploma in Fashion Designing from the session 2009-10.
The year 2015-16 has bring new milestone in the history of the college, when the University of Allahabadunder guidance of Prof. Rattan Lal Hangloo, Vice-Chancellor decided to start Post Graduate Courses in its all constituent colleges. After statutory clearence, the university has allowed post-graduation from session 2016-17 in M.Com; LLM; M.Sc. in Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics; M.A. in Anc. History, Med. History, Economics, Education, English, Geography, Hindi, Philosophy, Pol. Science, Sanskrit, Sociology.
The college has also got permission to start three year degree course Bechelor of Computer Application (BCA), one year Post-Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA )and Certificate in Computer Concepts (CCC from NIELIT) from the session 2016-17.
The mission of the college is to provide all-round intellectual, physical, moral and spiritual development of students. It promotes commitment among student for social upliftment and human values. The college provides under-graduate education in the stream of Arts, Commerce , Science and Law. The college has infrastructure facilities like Library, Gymnasium, Cafeteria, Conference room and Seminar room, Lecture theatres, Museum, Botanical Garden, Play ground, Health Centre, Computer centre etc.
About Faculty and staff:
There are 130 sanctioned posts of Teachers including one post for Principal, 59 posts of Group –C employees and 93 posts of Group-D employees. Presently, the college is running with only 75 teachers, 21 Group –C employees and 43 Group-D employees. The college has very qualified faculty and good quality of staff.There are 130 sanctioned posts of Teachers including one post for Principal, 59 posts of Group –C employees and 93 posts of Group-D employees. Presently, the college is running with only 75 teachers, 21 Group –C employees and 43 Group-D employees. The college has very qualified faculty and good quality of staff.
The college has catered the need of 7788 students of all courses in the academic year 2013-14. Out of 7788 students, 5467 students were boys (70%) and 2321 students were girls (30%).
The college is ideally located in the heart of the city at Mahatma Gandhi Marg, George Town. The distance from Bus Station, railway station and Holy Sangam is nearly 2 to 3 KM. One can easily reach the college through Public transport which are regularly available.
- To provide excellence in education
- To inculcate a value system in students
- To promote use of technology
- To foster global competencies among students
- To contribute to National Developement
- Quality education
- Post graduation and research
- To prepare socially committed and economically self reliant students
- The College to make its mark on the global academic map for high ethical standards and responsiveness to the social environment